Politics 06-11-2018

Chief of Staff of the US: troops will not come into contact with migrants

The head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the United States, General Joseph Dunford, assured that there will be no "contact" between the troops that are deploying on the border with Mexico and the caravans of migrants that are moving towards the US territory.

"There is no plan for the US military to really get involved in the mission of preventing the entry of people into the US, there is no plan for soldiers to come in contact with immigrants or to strengthen the Department of Homeland Security while performing their duties. mission, "said Dunford, quoted by ABC News, to intervene this Monday at Duke University.

At least three migrant caravans left last month for the United States, the first departed on October 13 from Honduras and the other two departed from El Salvador.

The US Department of Defense plans to deploy 7,000 military personnel on the border with Mexico to stop thousands of migrants who are still hundreds of kilometers from the border. However, President Donald Trump said he could increase the number to 15,000 soldiers.

SPUTNIK

 
Consulte a nuestros especialistas