A human rights group asks for clarification on the whereabouts of more than 3,000 migrants who had arrived at the southern border of the United States.
The leader of the migrant defense group Ángeles sin Fronteras, Sergio Tamai, denounced that of the 6000 Central Americans who had been in the refuge in the northern zone, there are only a little more than 2100.
The official said that of the total number of migrants, only 600 returned to Honduras voluntarily or because they were deported, but nothing is known about the fate of the rest of the asylum seekers.
"It's time to clarify where those 3000 are, if the authorities were the ones who lied when they started doing the accounting because they talk about asking for 100 million pesos," Tamai said, quoted by local media on Wednesday.
The Secretary of Public Security of Tijuana, Marco Antonio Sotomayor, however, tried to justify the disappearance, saying that they could be anywhere in Tijuana , without the authority being able to specify where.
He also discussed possibilities that migrants might have crossed US borders. or result arrested or deported. "There is even the possibility that there was an error in the initial count," acknowledged Sotomayor.
However, the doubt arises around the 550,000 pesos that, according to Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum, were invested daily to support the shelter of the Benito Juárez unit or the 100 million pesos that were requested to attend this emergency.